Transportation to Summer Camp
During the summer, a weekly air conditioned charter bus makes stops in Illinois (Chicago, Elgin, Rockford) and Wisconsin (Madison) to bring campers of all ages to beautiful Hagerman Lake for their week of adventure. A minibus or van may be used for trips that do not meet bus minimums and that exceed bus maximums. The bus ride is a favorite of many campers as it allows them to meet new friends in a safe, exciting atmosphere that is chaperoned by one of our full-time, trained summer counselors. The trip leaves the north side of Chicago each beginning day of our 7-day programs at 8 am CDT, and reaches camp by 4:40 pm that same day. It may stop in Elgin, Rockford, and Madison, the return trip follow the same route. Bus space is limited and may not be available on short notice. Call at least 14 days prior to camp for availability.
BUS SCHEDULE – Arrival trip takes place on Sunday, departure on Saturday
Chicago, IL – Leave 8am/Return 6:00pm – North Park University Parking Lot – SE corner of Kedzie & Foster Ave. – View on Google Maps
Elgin, IL – Leave 9am/Return 4:45pm – Life Storage building parking lot (450 Airport Rd.) behind Holiday Inn – Go north 1 / 2 mile on Highway 31 off Tollway 90 – View on Google Maps
Rockford, IL – Leave 10am/Return 4pm – Clocktower Inn, Tollway 90 and Business 20 – View on Google Maps
Madison, WI – Leave 11:30am/Return 2:30 pm – Hardees-from Interstate take Hwy 151 South exit (#135A). South on 151 to E. Springs Dr. Left on E. Springs Dr., left onto Annemark Dr. into Hardees at 4814 Annamark Dr. – View on Google Maps
All listed times are approximate. Parents may call Covenant Point on a travel day to verify bus schedule. (906) 265-2117
- Bus will arrive at Covenant Point at about 5:00 p.m.
- Campers should bring enough money for a Hardees or McDonalds stop each direction.
- 2017 Bus fee is $130 (round-trip), or $100 (one-way). This fee includes a $25.00 non-refundable deposit.
- Problems with meeting drop-off or pick-up times? Let us know ASAP (906) 265-2117
- On the trip to the Point, the bus will wait for a camper at a stop for no more than 15 minutes beyond the scheduled pick-up time. The bus will then continue on its normal route.
- On the return trip, if a parent or other pick-up person is not at the stop when the bus arrives, the bus will wait for 15 minutes beyond the scheduled return time or the actual time the bus arrives, whichever is later. If a camper is not picked up, the bus counselor will call Covenant Point to report that the pick-up person is not there. The bus will then continue on to Chicago. There the bus counselor will continue to supervise the camper until pick-up arrangements have been made. Any lodging or meal costs incurred will be charged to the camper’s family or guardians.
- Parents must check camper in with the bus counselors before departing from their pickup spot.
- Once on the bus, the camper must remain on the bus during the loading process; after the camper has departed the bus, they must remain away from the bus.
- The bus will remain in the parking lot away from traffic patterns for load and unloading safety.
- In the event of an emergency, all campers will follow direction of the counselors. Parents will be notified of any changes in stop locations or times.
- Campers will be released from the bus one by one, only to authorized adults – verified by camper and staff, as indicated on the camper’s registration form.