2017 Outdoors Retreat
11:00 AM Thursday, October 12 – 10:00 AM Sunday, October 15, 2017
Hunting, Fishing, Hiking! Come for a self-directed weekend to get outdoors!
Use Covenant Point as a “home base” to hunt, fish, hike, or explore! Stay close to camp, or adventure further. Covenant Point lies on the edge of Michigan’s Ottawa National Forest and Wisconsin’s Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, both of which include hundreds of thousands of acres of public land, and hundreds of lakes. Bring your own hunting, fishing, or hiking equipment and get out adventuring! Each day we’ll provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with an option to pack a bag lunch for an extended day away from camp. This retreat will take place simultaneously with our Quilter’s Retreat. Fishing seasons are open for pike, musky, walleye, and pan-fish this time of year. Open hunting seasons include waterfowl, archery deer, and small game (including ruffed grouse).
For more information on regulations and licensing, see:
- Michigan Hunting Regulations
- Michigan Fishing Regulations
- Wisconsin Hunting Regulations
- Wisconsin Fishing Regulations.
Hiking and sightseeing areas within a two hour drive include:
- Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park
- Sylvania Wilderness Area
- Sturgeon River Gorge Wilderness.
- More recreation options for the Western Upper Peninsula can be found here.